Your Personal Finance Resource Center

Wallet Relief - Main Wallet Relief Blog Credit Repair Identity Theft Articles

Upload mambot - upload failed
xml setup file problems - Joomla!

Error - Could not find an XML setup file
XML setup file is not for a "mambot"

If you are a Joomla user who is not technically savvy (like me) you may have encountered one of these Joomla! installer error messages trying to install new components, modules, or a mambot (via a zip file).  I tried to find answers to my installer error problems with Google, and found a lot of questions but few direct responses, so I put up this page (on a non-Joomla site) to save others time. 

I initially had trouble trying to install these 4 file downloads:
com_performs v1

First, check out how you are trying to install these.  If the file begins with a "mod", then under the Installer tab click on "modules" (not mambots or components).  If it begins with a "com", then try the components option under the Installer tab.  If it does not give you a clue in the file name, you can just try all three, or go back to the Joomla extensions page and check to see how it is listed--as a mambot, module, component, etc.

Second, some of the extensions need to have the initial zip file (exactly as you downloaded it) uploaded via the installer.  Others have another zip file inside the initial zip file (that you can see in the folder made after you extract the files), and it is that inner zip file that needs to be uploaded via the installer (and remember, uploaded under the right category--component, module, mambot).  By the way, when I say uploaded here, I'm referring to the button inside the Installer section that says upload and unpack.

Good luck.  If any of you find any other solutions, you can email me at "suppor* [at] homenetmonies.com" (replace the * with a t, and the [at] with @) and I will see about adding them in here.